Friday, October 22, 2010

7B~ Scaffold and gangplank



N
ormally, in building construction, the gangplank and scaffold are in wide use. For the higher section, the workers need to stand on the scaffold to proceed their work. According to wikipedia, scaffold is a temporary structure used to support people and material in the construction or repair of buildings and other large structures. It is usually a modular system of metal pipes or tubes, although it can be made out of other materials. Bamboo is still used in some Asian countries like the People's Republic of China.




Yes! Your guess is not wrong~~ This time, we have to produce a gangplank and scaffold for each section for construction of dome, our big, big dome. So, in Friday, 1B showed us the method to tie our bamboo by rope. For this project, we have to make sure our scaffold is stable enough to sustain the weight of people.





A
fter that, no more hesitation, we start our work in group. We cut the bamboo in the length that we want. The rope that we use is hemp rope, it must be rinsed in water for a long time before we start to tie it.




At the same time, we have to screw our bamboo strut with connector. The peoples who in charge with this are very strict. One of my bamboo cracked form top to bottom, so I need to redo. When I hear it, my brain is a blank. It is the 7th stut that I made.




I
have no more choice to do, I make a new strut with the helping hand from my friend. When I complete my strut, it is almost 11.30 pm already. Luckily, a kind and handsome senior is willing to carry us from site to hostel. What's a tired day in site!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment